Warren County, Georgia,  Chamber of Commerce

City of Warrenton, Georgia

Soon after Warren County was created, the town of Warrenton was laid out.  In 1798 it was made the county seat of Warren County, Georgia. Incorporated in 1810, the Town of Warrenton is situated on the Macon branch of the Georgia Railroad, near Goldens Creek.  

Pictures of Warrenton, GA

Warrenton was once called the "Mule Town" because a mule car was operated to transport passengers to Camak, Georgia to catch the Georgia Railroad Train and to bring back arrivals. The train took 3 1/2 hours to go to and from Atlanta, Georgia and 1 1/2 hours to go to and from Augusta, Georgia.

In 1908, the Town of Warrenton was changed to the City of Warrenton.

Warrenton is located just 42 miles west of Augusta and 100 miles east of Atlanta on Interstate 20. Athens is 65 miles northeast, Macon is 80 miles southwest, and Savannah is 139 miles south.

 

View the Guide Map to Historic Warrenton, Georgia (265KB PDF File)

Warren County Chamber Member 2013-2014

Warrenton City Officials
Warrenton City Hall
P. O. Box 109
Warrenton, GA 30828
(706)
465-3282

George Ivey, Mayor
Chris McCorkle, Mayor Pro-tem
Council Members
   
Craig Hunter
    Brenda Johnson
    Steve Giddens
    Donnie Roland

Mary Ann Mosley - City Clerk
John Kent - Fire Chief
Ron Sellers - Chief of Police

Warrenton Downtown Development Authority

Dennis Coxwell, Chairman
Emile Carr
Billie Duckworth
Gene Smith
Tony Mimbs
Maureen Smith
Michael Huebener
O. B. McCorkle, Secretary

Hometown Warrenton, Inc.
(Better Hometown Non-Profit)

Michael Huebener, Chairman
Denise Coard, Vice Chairman
Barry Allen
Andrew Coard
Tony Hill
Cindy Rivers
Maureen Smith
Steve Smith
Kelli Waller
O. B. McCorkle, Secretary