The theater was opened November 4, 1936, with a seating capacity of 200 downstairs and 120 upstairs. It was owned by T.B. (Doc) & Margaret Knox Story. Admission at that time: Adults $0.25; Children $0.10. Popcorn and Coke was $0.05 each. In 1961, Warren Jackson took over the theater, and it closed on March 31, 1997. Warren County Board of Commissioners bought the theater in September 2002. Plans include renovations of the facility and turned into a tourist attraction showing classic and family movies.
Warren County Cultural Center
The Cultural Center was once the Warrenton High School gymnasium built in 1937. This building served the needs of the Warren County High School students until 1980 when a new gymnasium was built. The City of Warrenton and the Warren County Historical Society received federal assistance in 1997 to restore the building to serve the citizens as a cultural center.
City of Warrenton
Soon after the county was created, the town of Warrenton was laid out. In 1798, it was made the county seat. Warrenton was incorporated in 1810. For years, a mule car was operated to transport passengers to Camak to catch the GA RR train and to bring back arrivals. Warrenton was often humorously referred to as “The Mule Town”. In 2002, the Warrenton Historical District was listed on the National Register of Historical Districts.
Warren County Courthouse
The land on which the Court House stands was donated by Starling Gardner in 1897. The first building erected on this site burned in 1853. In 1908, the second Court House was also destroyed by fire. The present Courthouse was built in 1909, and is listed on the National Register of Historical Places. In 1999, this Court House was renovated and expanded into its current layout.