169 Hwy 80 North
Warrenton, GA 30828
The Week of April 12-18, 2020 is National Telecommunicators Week, The Warren County E911 staff are postponing celebrating due to COVID-19 restrictions.
We will announce the date of observance at a later time.
Tips for 911 Use
- Teach your children about calling 9-1-1 in case of emergencies and make sure they are familiar with their address and phone number.
- Take the battery out of cell phones without service if given to a child to play with. Even if the phone has no service, it can still call 9-1-1.
- Always provide the location of your emergency first. As long as your location is known help can be sent even if the call is lost or disconnected.
- Lock the keys to your phone to prevent dialing pre-programmed one-touch emergency notifications while not in use.
- There is no need to program 9-1-1 into your auto-dial phone. The number is easily remembered and programming it could lead to an accidental dial.
- If you call 9-1-1 by mistake, remain on the line and explain the mistake to the dispatcher. Immediately hanging up may result in a call back and/or possibly having an officer respond to your residence.
- Do not place false calls or texts for service or play with 9-1-1. It is a violation of law and is punishable by fine or imprisonment.